When it comes to transporting a heavy load, caster wheels are the best solution. By using caster wheels, you can easily transport anything from one place to another. However, nowadays, caster wheels are also being used in chair and tables in the offices to ensure a comfortable move. Though the application of caster wheels began with hand trucks and towline conveyor belts, we frequently see these being used in many kinds of carts that are used in offices and industries.
However, choosing the right kind of caster wheels from hundreds of them out there is a daunting task. You need a pretty good time to decide which one is just perfect for you. To simplify the equation and make you wise about the caster wheels, we are here to guide you on how to choose the right caster wheels. In this article, we are also going to tell you where and why you should use caster wheels.
The Advantages of Using Caster Wheels
There are some great benefits of using caster wheels that make it worth buying.
- Caster wheels work to increase mobility. Only by adding caster wheels to any equipment (be it heavy machinery or a light chair) you can add mobility and save your time.
- If you are conscious about your joint and muscles, caster wheels can help you by reducing stress on these. Heavy loads on joints and muscle can harm the structure and can cause you pain. Caster wheels assist you to lessen the stress that you would experience without it.
- Caster wheels are great in streamlining processes. If you have an industry that produces heavy products, using physical labor to carry those products would be of great cost. On top of that, that would take a lot of time from you. If you have caster wheels, you can stay tension-free as those are enough to increase the speed of travel of your equipment. Caster wheels thus help to accelerate the whole storage as well as the manufacturing process.
- Caster wheels are cheap. The return on investment will be very high if you buy caster wheels for your industry or office.
Places you can use Caster Wheels
It is a very interesting fact that you can use caster wheels in almost all the industries including your home. Caster wheels can be placed in:
- Automotive industry
- Food and beverage industry
- Hotels and restaurants
- Hospitals and dormitories
- Shopping malls and retail
- Homes etc.
Why choosing the right caster wheels is important?
Caster wheels come with different shapes and sizes. For this very reason, you have to be very careful about choosing one of the right size and shape. Before you select the right caster wheels, you have to make sure the following things:
- Before choosing the caster wheels you have to fix your requirement first. Find out what you need and what can fulfill your demand.
- If you want casters for industries, you should at first consult your engineers to determine the material and design you would be needing for your industry.
- Understand your need for caster wheels and how that will help you accelerate the process and work as well.
How to Choose the Best Caster Wheels
Certain things are very important to look for when you opt to buy the right caster wheels. Here are the aspects you need to consider while buying caster wheels
Your caster wheels are supposed to affect the equipment or people who use it. If you choose the right caster wheels, it will provide you with maximum productivity. On top of that, you will get a great return on investment by helping you to reduce the long term cost.
Safety and ergonomics issues
When you buy caster wheels, make sure that your caster wheels can be eliminated to a maximum level. This will minimize the injury. While moving, you have to keep careful attention on the safety of your employees. If the wheel diameter is large, the wheel can move easily. The tire design is also important to ensure safety.
If your casters are designed ergonomically, your workers can work for hours without any risk of injury. You can choose swivel casters with swivel bearing, for example. If equipped with this feature, your casters can easily hold and carry the load consistently.
Also Read: Road Safety Tips for Drivers
Protection of the flood
It is not easy to repair or replace your floor. For this very reason, protection of your floor should be one of the concern while you go for buying caster wheels. On the other hand, poor floors are not good for caster wheels and slow the productivity down. It can also cause injury in your personnel. If you choose the right caster wheels, you can keep your floor good. And, if your floor is already deteriorating, you can stop the deterioration.
Choose caster wheels that come with soft rubber tread.
While carrying the load, it becomes obvious to move the load from one side to the other. It is wise to choose comparatively larger wheels. You may not find mold-on rubber wheels that good when it comes to easy rolling. However, we would suggest you carry not more than 50% of the load capacity if you are working manually.
Floor conditions are important to choose the kind of caster wheels you need. If the floor is smooth and soft, you can go for hard casters. On the other hand, if you have got hard and rough floors, soft casters should be your choice to ensure better rolling.
To choose the right caster wheels, examining your floor type is important. If your floor comes with gutters, rails or other obstacles, larger and soft wheels can help you. To protect the floor, wheels made with softer materials are always preferable. If you need to bear great loads in the casters that may affect the floor, you can buy caster wheels made frompolyurethane.
Size and weight
The weight and size of the caster wheels are important. If you carry more loads, your caster wheels will be heavier, no doubt. However, you should also go for larger caster wheels if you need to pass the obstacles on the floor.
The low fluctuation of room temperature may not affect your casters. But if it is too hot or too cold, you might need special lubrication for your caster wheels.
Choosing the right caster wheels may cost you a bit, but there is no substitution of good caster wheels. We hope that you can now choose your desired caster wheels with the help of the tips we have put above for you.